Project Wonderful Banner

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Those damned Muslims

What's Mallard raving about today?

Muslims. All Muslims. No exceptions granted.

Sometimes you just have to appreciate Mallard.

In yesterday's panel he was up in arms about people being squeamish about the use of the term "Islamo-facist." I struggled with what to write yesterday because I see it as a nuanced question (despite the fact that Mallard sees no such nuance). Plus, I was not sure how to make the point and keep the blog from becoming a political commentary, so I just kind of dodged the larger question.

What I wanted to write was that I have no qualms about invective directed towards would-be terrorists. On the other hand, I understand the objection to the broad use of the term, which sweeps up billions of Muslims and lumps them together with violent radicals.

Today, Mallard makes the point better than I ever could by offering no dainty distinctions and just insulting every single Muslim in the world. Thanks, Mallard!

No comments: