Project Wonderful Banner

Monday, November 13, 2006

Those damned reanimated corpses

What's Mallard raving about today?

Nothing...I'm serious.

Unless I am mistaken, Mallard just made an honest-to-God joke, with an honest-to-God punchline, with no political content whatsoever. This development may be more dangerous for the future of Planet Earth than Mallard showing a meteor strike, since I believe it is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

To make matters even freakier for me, I have to admit I was making similar jokes about Keith Richards earlier this week (when The Rolling Stones played in my city), so I'm living in a glass house on this one.

1 comment:

Bill said...

See, the difference is that when Mallard tells a joke, it's still not funny.

I hate this strip. What's the point? "He's a duck. A duck that's a Rebublican!" It's not like ducks are famously liberal. There's no irony here-- no "Daffy Duck was a New Deal duck". It's just hateful.