Project Wonderful Banner

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Those damned Marooned Soldiers

What's Mallard raving about today?

Paris Hilton, the Media, Marooned Japanese soldiers.

A reasonable premise, executed reasonably. Definitely out of character for Mallard.

I would like to applaud the decision not to include a caricature of a buck-toothed stereotype Japanese soldier, it can't have been easy to make that choice.

However, I have to ask: what the hell does the fact that the soldier has never seen a jet have to do with anything at all?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aside from CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News, I don't see that much coverage of Paris Hilton. It's really only the 24-hour cable news networks (and maybe the morning network TV shows) that spend so much time on her. Since I don't watch any of that, most of the PH blather I see is complaints on the Internet about how much coverage she is getting.

Scanman said...

What the heck? Why is that island melting?

Anonymous said...

He's lucky; I root for the Jets, and except for one special year, he hasn't missed anything.