Project Wonderful Banner

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Those damned athletes

What's Mallard raving about today?

Athletes.

The only possible point of devoting a huge Sunday panel to this drivel is to make sure you don't forget that Mallard is a self-righteous curmudgeon. As if you could ever forget.

The more pressing questions: Where the hell is that box of whatever-it-is supposed to be perched? On his left shoulder? Is Mallard's remote actually drooping?

And finally, there is no need to show the bottom of Mallard's feet at that size. Ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this cartoon in my Sunday Newsday, and while Doonesbury got about 1/5th of a page, with it's back and forth dialogue and multiple panels, while this dreck got 1/3rd of a page. I don't understand how anyone could justify that editorial choice.

Sometimes I wish I was a right wing hack, so I could churn out garbage like this with no effort, then complain about how intolerant liberals are when they tell me my cartoon sucks. These guys really just don't get humor, do they?