No Grad Students
The Nominees for The Golden Flash (Most Mystifying Panel) are...
- No Grad Students - Some sort of parable about Oil Company profits veers into the absurd.
- Called Shot - Mallard calls the result of the 2008 election just a little bit too early, apparently having internalized the Bush credo that popularity outside America is a bad thing.
- Singer-Songwriter - Less than a week after an historic election, Mallard makes an even more historic stand against singer-songwriters.
- Gift Card - Mallard states the completely obvious, for reasons still not quite clear.
- Pop Tarts - The pile of groceries causes the reader to spend 30 minutes trying to figure out why Mom wants her daughter to be a Toaster Pastry. After you finally realizes Mallard didn't mean those Pop Tarts, it is less mystifying, but a lot more cranky.