The nominees for Least Helpful Asterisk are:
- Fox News - Fox, avowed enemy of President Obama, are the source for Mallard's claim that the White House keeps an Enemies List. Because it's not like Fox would lie about something like that.
- Michelle Malkin - An unimpeachable source, if ever there was one.
- Oh, Really? - Unfortunately, in this case the asterisk only serves to highlight Mallard's lie.
- Invisible Protesters - Mallard cites Newsbusters as the source for another outright lie, this time regarding the number of people who showed up for a Teabagger rally.
- Go Read It, I Didn't - Mallard cites a New York Times study, but then only the part that fits his narrative and ignores the majority of the study which tells a different story.