And the winner is...Things That Are Racist II!
The nominees for Most Interminable Series or Running Theme are:
- Collectibles (Post) - Lacking anything real to complain about in January 2009 didn't stop Mallard. Stupid President Obama and stupid collectibles.
- Pirates (Post) - After Navy SEALS rescue an American from Pirates, Mallard goes on an extended Straw Man rant against Liberals who he imagined were supporting Pirate rights.
- Self-Congratulation (Post) - Congratulations to me! Congratulations to me! Congratulations dear Mallard! Congratulations to me!
- Hulk Not Smash (Post) - Disney's takeover of Marvel pissed Mallard off and led to some quease-inducing moments during an extended rant.
- Enemies List (Post) - After going through 12 months of Mallard Fillmore, I can tell you that 10-20% of the panels in 2009 involved some mention of the Fox-invented "Enemies List." Although not consecutive, it certainly qualifies. I chose this representative panel because it managed to incorporate last year's winner in this category: Things That Are Racist.
- Things That Are Racist II (Post) - The first sequel ever nominated for back-to-back Golden Ellipses. In this example, he manages to combine it with the death of Michael Jackson for extra "ick" factor.