And the winner is...Death Panels!
The nominees for our final Golden Ellipse, The Palin (Lie of the Year), are:
- Tax and Spend (Post) - President Obama lowered taxes for 95% of Americans. President Bush and Republicans turned a surplus into a $12 trillion deficit without one word from Mallard or anything to show for it. But President Obama raised taxes and was the first President ever to spend money.
- Nationalization (Post) - Propping up Financial Institutions and Auto Manufacturers, and getting shares in return for our investment, is Nationalization of the entire economy.
- Millions (Post) - What if we someone staged a rally and a couple million (imaginary) protesters showed up?
- Apologies (Post) - Attempting to improve our standing with allies is "apologizing". And America has nothing to apologize for...ever. To borrow from President Nixon: "I'm saying that when America does it, it's not illegal."
- Death Panels (Post) - Mallard's version of the original Lie of the Year.